Tribalismo Bracelet Stool
Bring African-inspired design to your interior with an eye-catching hand carved stool, inspired by a traditional kings bracelet stool from Bamileke tribes of Cameroon. Cracks inherent to the wood add further to its natural character. Artisans turn solid Margosa – a dense tropical wood – on a lathe, shaping and sanding by hand; before intricately carving the circular pattern throughout. Your piece will be finished per your specifications.
The Bamileke culture from which the inspiration for this stool came is as enticing as the design itself. The tribes are a collection of ethnic groups in the western highlands of Cameroon, who divide themselves into over 100 individual groups, each under the rule of a chief. The Bamileke did not consider themselves a single people until colonial times. Even today, individual Bamileke usually regard themselves as members of separate tribes. They are renowned craftsmen and their artwork was highly praised by early European visitors to their lands. Bamileke are particularly celebrated as carvers of wood, ivory, and horn and chief's compounds are notable for their intricately carved doorframes and columns.
How we would use it | As a graphic statement in a minimalist space, or in a custom color as a statement piece in a neutral interior
- Margosa Wood - a dense tropical hard wood from India. Our Margosa wooden designs are seasoned in a solar kiln, developing organic cracks and separations as the wood dries and shrinks. Time may accentuate these separations, or generate new ones. This movement is considered inherent to the natural beauty of the design.
- 13.5 dia x 18 H inches
- 45 lbs
- Exclusive to Pfeifer Studio
- Made in India; finished-to-order in the USA
- Dried in a solar kiln
- Wipe with a soft, dry cloth to clean. To protect finish, avoid the use of chemicals and household cleaners.
- This design is available in custom sizes and materials. Please call 866-804-1909 for more information.
- Suitable for interior or exterior use (Azure Blue is interior only)
- Suitable for residential or commercial use - catalyzed lacquer topcoats available upon request
- Interior Finish - Sealed with a cataylzed lacquer, our designs can be placed in interior residential or commercial spaces. This matte-sheen finish is long-lasting and meets KCMA durability requirements for commercial finishes. To best care for your new piece simply dust with a dry, soft cloth. Spot cleaning may be done with a damp soft cloth. A mild soap solution may be used. Avoid care products with ammonia, silicone or other chemicals which may harm the finish. BioShield® Hard Wax #32 has been applied for added protection. Periodic waxing will extend the life of the finish.
- Exterior Finish - Sealed with an exterior-grade penetrating oiled stain, our designs can be placed outdoors, as well as in interior residential or commercial spaces. This durable finish is specially formulated for exposure to sunlight, water and temperature changes. The stain applied in our workshop may fade with time, depending on your particular environment. Extreme temperatures and moisture will hasten the aging process, while overhead coverage from the elements will slow the process. Wood, as with anything left outdoors, will be subject to airborne impurities such as pollen and dirt. Frequent hosing off of your furniture will help it stay clean and weather evenly. Reapply an exterior grade furniture oil to freshen the finish, as desired.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- USA (contiguous): • $50 Delivery • 2-5 days in transit • Ships with FedEx Ground
- International: • You will be contacted with a delivery price before shipment. • 7-14 day transit time (average) • Ships with FedEx Express or US Priority Mail International • Sent tax and duty collect
We take great pride in the quality of our merchandise. If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you may return the item(s) within 30 days of receiving the order for a full refund of the merchandise cost. After 30 days, we will replace or refund your purchase against manufacturer's defects ONLY. Please note that we cannot accept returns on custom orders or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Delivery fees are non-refundable.
How many ways are there to say, "I love it?" You can count them. From lighting that delights you, to chairs that cheer you and tables that turn heads, we unite beautiful design with quality materials and craftsmanship down to the smallest detail.
We speak bespoke. Our custom design team will collaborate with you to make your design dreams come true. Our artisan workshops pride themselves on the ability to translate your vision into beautiful objects made with exceptional materials and craftsmanship.
Pfeifer Studio creates with a mission, to unite great design, exceptional materials and superior craftsmanship under our discriminating eye, creating inspired furnishings for people who are passionate about design.
The best artisan workshops in the US and abroad create our products, each staffed with dedicated craftspeople, who care for the quality of the design as much as you. We visit our workshops often, and build strong personal relationships with the owners. This support of the art of one-at-a-time allows us to create handmade, finely crafted furniture and accessories. When your order arrives, you’ll see why.
We speak bespoke. You can customize our line or have us create your own exclusive designs. Regardless of your needs, from an interior that makes you swoon to a standout hotel lobby, we can bring your vision to reality, on schedule, on budget and beyond your expectations.
You will not find our collection in an Interior Design Showroom or at your favorite boutique. Our designs are exclusive to us. We've kept the best for ourselves, and for you.
All great design needs worthy companions. In our travels we’ve discovered other remarkable lines from designers and artisans that we love and think you’ll love too. They are exclusively available right here to mix and match with our own collection.
In the end our vision is simple.
You love great design and we strive to create beautiful products to inspire your vision.
We want you to say P. S. I love it! every time you work with us. #psiloveit